Paulene and I got to do a good deed this morning! While out on our normal walk we discovered a ladies purse on the ground, and with a brief inspection discovered that the owner lived only a couple blocks away. We headed that way, looking at house numbers, and suddenly it occured to me that I knew where we were going. I opened the wallet again and looked more closely at the driver's license and sure enough, there was the name of a young adult woman that I had known, only very casually, for years!It was therefore even more delightful to be able to knock on the door and return the purse to a family member who was thankful for the delivery of the lost item. I know the owner will feel relieved when she learns that it has been recovered safely, but the great thing is also how good I feel, knowing that a very small action on our part has helped someone else have a better day. It makes my day a nicer one, too :)
1 comment:
Good girls. Small world, no? :)
Post a Comment