Monday, April 27, 2009

A Walk in the Park

I was cooking beans (for the freezer) and Ken was clipping ivy when he spontaneously asked if I wanted to drive over and see the flowers in bloom across the river in a local park. Sure! Off we went, and had a nice stroll through the woods for the next hour. Naturally, I took pictures. :)

Self-Timers come in handy!


They were here first (look close...)


Just Pretty


Rosy Plectritis (or Sea Blush) and blue Camas Lily


Enjoying the view


Caught by surprise (He didn't know the camera was going off!)


Fawn Lily


A foot for perspective


2 comments:

Kathy Haynie said...

Hooray for a walk in Camassia! Your camera takes MUCH better photos of the lilies than mine does. And I've wondered what that pink flower was...does it have a common name? I like the rosy part, but "plectritis" seems so formal!

If you go back in a week, there will be even more flowers. The iris haven't bloomed yet.

Dorothy said...

Rosy Plectritis was the name on the pamphlet, but I just did a search on the internet and found that it is sometimes called Sea Blush. Is that better?