
We're hitting the road this morning for that LONG drive home. I'm sad to leave my daughter and her baby, but on the other hand I know they will be okay. Sarah and Alan are very loving and competent first time parents, and they are ready to take on the challenge of raising a family. How I love them!
Yesterday we went for another walk up in Rock Canyon when the kids had to go to Salt Lake City for a few hours, and where I was all alone a few days ago, this weekend the parking lot and canyon was FULL of people...hikers, climbers, picnickers. Quite a change!
For our evening meal we all ate Cafe Rio menu items (our first time...yum!) in front of the tv watching "Oh Brother Where Art Thou".
A funny coincidence happened this morning. (If you believe in "coincidence"...I don't!) As we went for a little walk while waiting for the kids to wake up (it was another long night for them...with not enough sleep!), we crossed paths with Kendra and Katie out for a stroll. This was perfect because I had some things to give Kendra and had not yet called her to schedule a rendezvous. They followed us back to our car where we passed on the bag of things, and they got to meet Elsie, too. I love it when life occurs so perfectly!
Ken has already packed the car, and he is pacing, so I sign off now and head back to Oregon. I'm looking forward to seeing how my garden has grown during the week of my absence.
2 comments:
Hooray for "coincidences"! I read your post first thing this morning, and you know it made me smile. I was already thinking of you with your l-o-n-g drive...but we have beautiful sunshine here in Oregon to welcome you home!
It was so nice to run into you on our walk. After we finished chatting with you guys we continued on our walk where we ran into my friend Jenny's Stake President's wife from her home town. (Jenny was also on the walk with us.) Then we ran into another friend we haven't see in a while. The Lord prompted Abbi to make us go on a walk then so we could run into everyone. Sometimes the kids listen to the spirit more than we do I think. :)
Post a Comment