I got home from the office a few minutes ago and found this amazing potted rose plant on my front porch!! For anyone paying attention, it's called About Face, and is the one I most admired at the Rose Test Garden a couple weeks ago. A gentleman in our Ward has one growing in his yard (it's where I first saw it) and I inquired about the name from him. I was planning to get a cutting from him and try to start one of my own, but hadn't made the request yet. This potted rose came with a note from the same gentleman and it simply reads, "From one rose lover to another".
I am so touched at this very sweet, completely unexpected gesture of friendship. Wow! (I might mention that this sweet man is in his 80's and happily married. :)
2 comments:
Looks like it's time to begin your rose garden!
Haha. I will admit that until I saw your disclaimer I was wondering if you had yourself a secret admirer. But I guess getting a rose to plant from a happily married 80 year old man isn't all that juicy after all.
Post a Comment