After the kids headed home, Ken and I took a detour and walked through the Rose Test Garden nearby. So pretty!! My favorite one is called "About Face", which is pictured below. I never used to like roses, but now I often think about having a small dedicated rose garden area, probably in the front yard.
Saturday, June 13, 2009
We Went to the Zoo Today
We got there early, hoping to find the animals more alert, but they were still just laying around looking bored. I wonder if the animals get tired of people watching ...many of them had their backs turned to us, and curiously, a couple of the larger apes put cardboard boxes on their heads. To hide? There was still enough to see that the little ones had a good time, though, and of course they simply enjoyed having an outing with everyone! The girls stayed mostly in a stroller, but they did get out to meet the goats and climb on a few animal statues.






After the kids headed home, Ken and I took a detour and walked through the Rose Test Garden nearby. So pretty!! My favorite one is called "About Face", which is pictured below. I never used to like roses, but now I often think about having a small dedicated rose garden area, probably in the front yard.


After the kids headed home, Ken and I took a detour and walked through the Rose Test Garden nearby. So pretty!! My favorite one is called "About Face", which is pictured below. I never used to like roses, but now I often think about having a small dedicated rose garden area, probably in the front yard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can't remember the last time I went to the zoo. Oh wait - we went with Katie and Bryan last summer. That was fun, but it's more fun with the little ones.
I have a rose bush in my front yard that Andrew gave to Polly (for her birthday? I can't remember.) Also a wonderful yellow-orange rose that reminds me of the "About Face" rose you liked so well today.
You're welcome to cuttings any time.
Post a Comment