
I was prepared not to, and was ready to put the book down any time it crossed a line that was too rough or scary for me, but Odd Thomas is so very likeable!
I haven't read too many Dean Koontz books, but this title and story caught my attention at the library several times and I finally decided to give it a try. Odd is a young fry cook with an extraordinary gift that propels him into frightening adventures. It's a thriller/suspense kind of story told from the perspective of Odd himself, and through his somewhat wordy, sometimes humorous narration, you just come to love the guy, and have to keep turning pages to see what happens next. Odd Thomas is a NICE guy...I wish more people were like him!
Following the first book, Odd Thomas, there are three more titles which I have read: Forever Odd, Brother Odd, and Odd Hours. According to an interview I read, Koontz plans to make this a seven book series. I'm hooked now, so when they come out I'll be sure to get hold of them. I found this interesting Teachers Guide about the book, and of course you can find reviews all over the internet.
1 comment:
When I read your blog title, I thought you would be writing about a flower...kind of like Sweet William. :)
Post a Comment