Saturday, July 4, 2009
Escape to the Coast!
Temperatures have soared to the 90's inland, and when Ken announced he had Friday off, we decided to flee to the beach. We drove all the way south past Coos Bay to Shore Acres Gardens and beaches. The gardens were lovely, and even Ken likes looking at flowers and roses, too. (It has taken several years of "appreciation training" to get him to this point!) Of course we had a nice lunch in a little fish place, and then did a bit of walking on some beach trails. Since the blazing sun couldn't manage to penetrate the marine fog and air, we were glad we thought to bring jackets. We topped the day off with rather large DQ treats (I don't even want to know how many calories) before heading back to a summer-sunbaked hometown. It was a refreshing day!








Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Beautiful photos - it makes me feel so cool! I love the tennis ball at the end. And the one with you and Ken kneeling together on the beach is a really cute pose. I could just picture you setting the timer and hurrying back to pose with Ken!
Thank you for coming today - I know it was hot, but it was fun to have you and Ken here with us.
Post a Comment