Friday, July 17, 2009

Yea for the Jay!


I was just eating a little bite in preparation of going out for my morning walk, and I heard a "thunk!" on the back porch. At first glance it looked as though a bird had hit the house and bounced off, so I looked to see if it was okay. Moments later it flew up and hit the house again! After this "thunk" the Jay (A pretty Stellar's Jay!) perched on the porch rail to swallow a large moth. The same action was repeated several times. The Jay was cleaning dead moths from around the back porch light! I tried to take a picture, but of course I couldn't catch the busy bird that easily through my kitchen window, so I Googled a photo to post here. Sharing my dead moths with a Jay is much more fun than sharing samples of my roses with the deer. :)

1 comment:

Kathy Haynie said...

I agree - yay for the jay!