
Friday, July 10, 2009
One Year Ago in Zion
July 10th, 2008 a very large, dusty, tired family triumphantly entered "Zion" after four grueling but amazing days together pulling handcarts in 100 degree weather. The park was green, the sprinklers were running, and there was food, music, dance and general merriment all afternoon and into the dark of night. Ken and I were "Ma and Pa" to one family of young people, and while I can't say the adventure changed my life, it certainly left a lasting impact. One of the nicest things about the experience is that our "children" have not forgotten. We see them here and there at various church functions and we always get enthusiastic greetings and hugs. Two of them have created and presented us memory books. Yesterday we got an Anniversary Card! Since I am planning to have a large part of my blog printed in a book, this greeting needs to be included here. Hope you don't mind. It's mostly for me, but you can look if you want. Zion lives on in our hearts!




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Mark and I have been reminiscing this week, too. What an adventure we had last year! So many wonderful memories of struggle, triumph, silly little things, and tender moments of testimony.
Post a Comment