Or, putting it another way....While Ken and Dorothy are away, Bambi and his friends will play! (This photo was taken yesterday.) Yep, we are leaving today for a long, and long-awaited, week at our favorite lake with an assortment of very pleasant people coming and going during our sojourn there. We are looking forward to calm, misty mornings, blue skies, wildlife, and domesticated life, canoeing, hiking, swimming every day, great camp meals, time to sit and do nothing, evening campfires, and starry nights. So, I'm "signing out" for the week from blog life and will simply have to record my thoughts in my head (or paper if I can remember to bring some) and I'll check back in when we return.
Until then, our local deer family has the run of the place. My most tasty edibles (roses and potted plants) have been moved up onto the deck where they will be safe, and the rest....well, I'll find out just how "deer-resistant" they really are! Toodles!
1 comment:
As I was trying to fall asleep last night a thought came to me.... Bjorn is not in the Lord of the Rings . he is in the Hobbit. He is the bear/man who lives by Mirkwood forest.
Post a Comment