Wednesday, December 9, 2009

At Rest

I love my garden...my little piece of "Eden" behind the house. We are just getting to know each other, but we had a very good year and learned so much. This little patch of land worked very hard all through Spring, Summer and even Autumn to support and nourish all the plants I dreamed up to place there.

But now it's time to rest. Other things are occupying my mind and time in this season. I'm not the one who gets to rest, but when I look up from my dining room table and gaze outdoors I am pleased to see how peaceful the yard looks. It's only 14 degrees out there this morning, and yet all looks calm. My garden is enjoying a well earned "stay-cation" for a couple months and I am glad. For both of us.

2 comments:

Kathy Haynie said...

Are the deer still active?

Dorothy said...

I didn't see them for several weeks, but now they've been wandering through more often. They like to nibble on the ivy above the terraces. That's perfectly okay with me. :)