Friday, December 18, 2009

Beautiful Mornings

Hey, it's been rainy for a while, but before that (when it was COLD!) we had some very beautiful mornings! Paulene and I often take a camera out on our morning walks to try and capture even a small part of the wonder we feel as we watch the new day awaken. Here are a few:


In the first picture I liked how the street light was competing with the moon for attention. The next one is the moon across the river from the promenade.


Next we see the beginnings of light behind Mt. Hood. It was much, much prettier in real life. :) Following that is the way the sky glows behind the trees in my backyard when the sun is coming up.



Finally, here comes the sun spilling across the cemetary. Almost looks warm, doesn't it? I wish it were!


Every day I inwardly groan about getting up early to go out in the cold/wind/rain, etc. Paulene admits to the same feelings. After walking our traditional 3 miles, we invariably agree that we were glad to have made the effort again. It's such a privilege to be outside, moving, and enjoying the fresh air at the start of the day!

1 comment:

Kathy Haynie said...

Gorgeous! Thank you for sharing these wonderful photos. I wish my schedule allowed me to join you more often. I really admire your mornings.