Sunday, November 21, 2010

First Frost and Worry

We had our first frost last night. It's 30 degrees outside and rather pretty. The weather forcast is calling for much colder weather in the next few days, and while normally it is not something that concerns me too much, I have found myself spiralling down into "mother-worry" mode.

I have children driving 800 miles to join us for Thanksgiving. They will be travelling through the night with snow predicted on the hiways and the temperatures will be in the single digits. In the car will be the Daddy, the pregnant Mommy, and the cute little toddler. Oh, oh, oh!

I know I shouldn't worry. They are so smart. They know all about how to prepare for this kind of journey, and it's going to be just fine. They also know how to pray and so do I, so I'm going to try and get over it. (The worrying).


You will pack extra food and blankets in the car, right?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

We will be sure to drive safe on the "hiways". :)

We will have chains, plenty of food and warm stuff, and an experienced snow driver. We'll be tired, but we'll make it just fine.

Kathy Haynie said...

They will be in my prayers, too!

Tricia said...

Some advice on night driving when the blues are covered in snow and ice. Stop and stay the night in a hotel if the weather gets too crazy...It always is better in the morning and usually safer driving too. Good luck guys!!!