Thursday, November 18, 2010

Mushrooms!

On our walks through the cemetery this week Paulene and I have had a difficult time getting any aerobic exercise. It must have been perfect weather conditions recently because the entire area is "blooming" with dozens of different kinds of mushrooms! We stop and look, and wander and look some more, and then decided to come back with a camera. Maybe with a photo record of SOME of the mushrooms, we might be able to find a field guide and discover what they are called. We were fascinated with them! The following photos are only a SAMPLE of the different kinds we were seeing there. I hope you find them interesting, too. :)














I suppose I should add that this is not the only place where the mushrooms are growing. We were spotting them throughout the neighborhoods as we walked...but the concentration and variety are certainly displayed well on the cemetery lawns. :)

3 comments:

Katie Lewis said...

Dorothy-

These photos are absolutely charming! It reminds me of when Sarah and I used to make little fairy villages on camping trips. :)

JuliaKoponick said...

I have always wondered which ones were okay to eat and which ones weren't. I have never been brave enough to try any wild mushrooms.

Kathy Haynie said...

Amazing. Such variety of color and form. Good photos!