Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Party is Over


The party started last Saturday with Halloween festivities and seemed to last all week long with field trips and visits with local cousins. The weather was a balmy 60-ish and sunny most of the week, which is amazing considering we're into the rainy season around here.

This morning the airline took the family away, back to Virginia where they can resume their normal life. And so can we. My house seems very quiet suddenly, and we've taken down the decorations, caught up the laundry, cleaned out the fridge, and rearranged furniture.

But oh, I will miss having Sophie spontaneously giving me hugs and saying, "I love you Grandma!", and listening to Elanor's random songs about everything she is doing. The next time I see Charlotte she will be walking! Life is good, however. How can I feel sad when I know that they are growing up happily with their wonderful family? We can stay in touch so easily with Skype, and phone calls, emails and letters.

Thank you girls, for coming and sharing your love and giggles with me this week. I am already looking forward to the next "Party", whenever we can schedule it!

1 comment:

Kathy Haynie said...

Oh, it's so hard to see them go. What a gift to have had the beautiful weather this week! I'm so glad you could have this special week with your family.