Sunday, November 28, 2010

Day of Rest

"I reckon being ill as one of the great pleasures of life, provided one is not too ill and is not obliged to work till one is better." Samuel Butler

The past few days have been wonderful. I have so many new memories to treasure up and think upon! Eventually, I'll even get the photos prepared and blog them, but today I'm taking a break. It's not one I chose, but I'm taking full advantage of the opportunity to rest while I can. My head and throat have both been competing to see which pain can be most prominent, and while the battle raged last night I tossed and turned wondering which would win.

It's Sunday and today I am at rest. Off and on all day, in my bed, on the couch, and gradually, gradually, the battle is ebbing. I have no decisions to make other than what to eat and what to read, and if it weren't for the discomfort (which is fading) I could almost call this day a blessing. Maybe it is.

2 comments:

Kathy Haynie said...

Dear friend, I'm sorry you're ill, but glad for you that it came after your family visit. Sarah and Alan have been in my prayers all day for a safe journey. Take care!

JuliaKoponick said...

I hope you are feeling better soon! I can commiserate with your body's battle. I hope the fighting dies down soon!