Monday, November 15, 2010

I am not a Runner

I am not a runner. It seems as though running is just a bit too brutal to the body overall, and so I prefer walking. Brisk walking, of course, but always keeping one foot in contact with the ground. Easier. Softer. Gentler on my body.

But tonight we came home from a meeting and it was dark and rainy...in the misty sort of way that it gets around here sometimes, and I said to my hubby, "Let's run around the block." (It's a good sized-"block"). And so we did. The mist swirled around us, the wind blew leaves across our pathway, and my feet splashed into dark unknowns (it might have been slugs...!) We went around several blocks plus a side trip up a cul-de-sac and back, then finally walked the last little bit back to the house.

I am not a runner. But every now and then...

I think I could be.


1 comment:

Kathy Haynie said...

Woo hoo! Good for you. It was a dark and stormy night...