Friday, April 22, 2011

Provo Friday

It's Graduation Day for Alan, but we spent most of the day packing the trailer that will be taking all their household goods to Wisconsin. Alan's family was here helping, too.  This little lady helped as much as she could.


Look close....can you find her?


And then it was time to go to the Convocation at the Marriot Center. Ken and I opted to walk rather than drive to campus and we met the rest of Alan's family there when we arrived. Alan was already with the other graduates, so I didn't get a photo of him specifically, but Sarah has one on her blog today. My photo was taken near the end of the program.



I was holding Alice at the time Alan walked across the stage, and she fell asleep at the same moment her Daddy received his diploma.


After the ceremonies we stepped outside and were a little concerned that the previously sunny day had become somewhat darkened with clouds and looked like rain...or maybe snow? We didn't have jackets, but we kept warm by walking briskly and even running a little to Center Street where we went to dinner at a little place called "Guru's" that is known as a Veg friendly place. We ordered a veggie tofu burrito and a veggie Thai wrap, both of which were quite good.


This last picture is of some of the funky decor at the eatery. I just thought it was interesting. :)

1 comment:

Kathy Haynie said...

Oh, I am happy for our girls to be moving on with their families in life, and sad for them to be moving apart from one another. What a sweet time these Provo years have been for them...time for new life adventures.

That's a darling picture of Elsie in the truck. I'll bet she was LOTS of "help"!