Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Spring? Maybe?

Yes, the sun does come out around here ocassionally, and when it does it is beautiful!

I've sure been blog negligent lately, and will still be for a little while. This is my busy time of year with Seminary office work, and we are also leaving tomorrow for another drive to Utah for Alan's graduation and Alice's blessing. I'm starting to get wide-eyed when I realize that April is almost over, which means that I (we) have only the month of May to prepare for our 6-week road trip. All of my Seminary stuff will need to be completed before leaving, too. Blink, Blink. No problem...it will all be ready in time.

It's funny. When I talk to people about what we are doing this summer their reactions are all over the place. I've heard "ewwwwww...a tent for 6 weeks?" as well as "I am soooooo jealous..." Mostly I am excited and eager for the adventure, but there's also a little part of me thinking of rain storms along the way and abundant mosquitos in my living quarters (outdoors!). That's what preparation is for I guess! I do plan to blog (journal!) as much as possible, which I can do with my super-cool Android phone even when we are in campgrounds. I'm also hoping to find time to scribble around with my pastels along the way. There will be plenty of landscape inspiration!

The pictures today were taken with my phone on a morning walk this week. I absolutely LOVE all the blossoming trees around here now. Thank goodness we have had a couple of dryer days so they don't look quite so drippy. Come on, Spring, you can do it!!


No comments: