Saturday, April 9, 2011

Shiny and New

We went shopping today to get a bicycle for me, and after we found the style that would be best for my recreational desires, we brought home a similar one for Ken. Ha! Okay, I ordered one, too. The store model could have been mine if I wanted a bike that was the color of milk toast. Bleh. I hate soggy bread. Over the years I have managed to learn a little patience, so ordering and waiting another week or two for the same model in metallic blue was not a problem.

So Ken now has a shiny new bike...plus a bike rack and bike lock. We'll be taking the bikes along on our trip this summer, but before then it would be good to get used to having one again. It's been many years since I have ridden.

Anyone want to go on a bike ride with us (when mine comes in)?

3 comments:

Sarah said...

We should each have a bike (and a bike trailer to tow the kids in) by the time you come see us in Wisconsin :-)

Tricia said...

Make sure you have a good bike pump to go with those bikes too Aunt Dorothy!!! They are worth it!!! (This coming from the wife of a guy who knows bikes) :D

Kathy Haynie said...

Haha - you know we do! Good for you! Let's plan that hike / ride on the Clackamas River Trail and highway.

Let's be sure to bring along that bike pump like Trish suggests...

I got to wish Elsie happy 2nd birthday today...and got to meet her and Alice for the first time. What a couple of dolls!