Monday, February 20, 2012

Just February

Oh, February, what can I say? Not much happening, quiet days, cool days, just-getting-through-the-month days. Sure, there are highlights, but I've been un-inspired about bringing my camera along with me most times. It's even hard to use my cell phone camera if I forget it at home. Sheesh.

My walking buddy, Paulene, has been on vacation, and then got awfully sick, so she's still in recovery. The past three weeks I haven't had my daily morning walk outside. I've been using the treadmill most days, though. Read a couple books while I "walked". (I highly recommend Jacob T. Marley by R.William Bennett). The good thing about treadmill walking is that I can wear my pajamas (and read) and I don't need an umbrella. :)




I've also been trying to paint with my pastels more often. This has been fun. So fun, though, that I have to keep telling myself that it's okay to spent an hour or more a day just "playing" when I could be doing other things. Well, along with the active involvement, there's also the passive involvement with art: checking out what other artists are doing on the internet. My favorite site is Daily Paintworks, where artists post work that they do every day in all kinds of media. Most are small pieces, but some are larger. Love it! My painting for the day is "Clouds over Appalachia" from last summer's journeys.


We did get to go dancing last week and that was fun. Our Ward did an adult dinner with dancing, and we were asked to provide the music. Lots of people said they wanted to have a "dance", but it turns out that only a handful of people actually took advantage of the opportunity. Never more than 5 couples on the floor at one time, but often it was just Ken and I. Oh well, we had a good time and realized we need to dance more often because we have forgotten a lot of what we learned a few years ago.

Oh, February, we still have a few more days to go. Lucky for us, the last few days of the month we get to do a trip over to wintry Wisconsin to visit loved ones, so we get to finish on an upbeat. Hooray!

2 comments:

Kathy Haynie said...

February. Bleh. I agree completely. And I love the jungle-print jammies. :)

Unknown said...

I keep wondering if February is going to end, while feeling that it is going way too fast. Somehow 29 days is too many and not enough.