Here's the closet again, and the folding laundry room doors. Looks so fresh and LIGHT. I Love it!
White is the subject of Daily Paintworks weekly challenge. Artists were encouraged to either use a reference provided or come up with a reference of their own with white background and 85% white objects in the still life. I found a couple things in my sewing room and gave it a try. Below is a picture of my still set-up and you can click over to the Maple Dreams Blog to see the result.

Oh, and I ordered another set of pastels. I had heard that collecting different pastel brands might become addicting, but really, it's just this once, okay? (?) The new brand is softer than my first set and great for layering. I did today's painting completely with the new set, but I plan to use both sets in combination, generally, with harder pastels forming the first layers of a painting, followed by softer ones.


1 comment:
It looks great...although I have to say I don't remember exactly how it looked before. I love white trim too. We'll have white trim when we move, but still have to decide on the wall color...I'm thinking we might do a really light grey though.
Katie tried out pastels at school and decided it's her favorite way to draw, so we gave her a set for her birthday. She's been having fun experimenting with them.
Post a Comment