Monday, February 6, 2012

Oh Sunny Day

The skies are brilliantly blue today....like yesterday, and the day before. Almost makes me think of planting things. It's not too early to plant Kale is it? I love Kale. It's my new favorite vegetable. As a salad, steamed with onions, made into a "pesto"; it's all good.

Anyway, back to the blue skies. When I thought about doing a small painting with my pastels today, all I could think of was skies. So I looked through my photos from the past year and came up with not one, but two that I wanted to work with. Check out my Maple Dreams blog to see them. The sunset picture was taken in LaPine. We went for a walk to see the sun going down and were rewarded with lovely colors, too. I was glad to have a camera with me. The second picture was taken on a hike near Paulina. We were just below the high point of the trail and the sky was incredible. I don't know who these three people are, but they were as enthralled with the sky as I was. Sometimes nature just takes your breath away. Who needs a movie?


No comments: