Today was Sunday, a day of rest, and I wanted to sleep in. But the girls got up early.
I made pancakes for breakfast, which Elanor loved, but Sophie said she just wanted to eat cereal.
It's the warmest day since we have been here and I wanted to go for a walk, so we did. Without the little explorers.(gasp!) It was delightful.
When we were in Sacrament meeting, I wanted to listen to the speakers, but because Sophie wanted to go to the bathroom AGAIN, I helped distract her by making up a story to go with the pictures in her color book. About half way through my pretend story she caught on and shut the book..."There are no words on the pages!"
In Sunday School I tried to be really good and listen to the lesson, but my eyes kept closing. I knew it would be rude to fall asleep in class, so I made sure my blinks did not last too long. Also, Ken wiggled a lot in the seat next to me and every time I opened my eyes to look at him he was smiling back at me.
In Relief Society I met some very nice women, and the Presidency gave me three pieces of chocolate because I was a "visitor". I thought it would be nice to save them and share with others, but it was too hard. I ate them, and they were good! The teacher in this class was very fun to listen to.
After Church I wanted to have a good dinner and read stories to the girls. It was easy! We helped Michelle make potato soup, read lots of stories, and then it was bedtime with hugs and kisses. Elanor really loves her Mommy!
Tonight we went to rent a car for a trip that starts tomorrow morning. Ken's credit card had expired, so we used mine. We found out that it will cost $90 more to have an additional driver for the car, which Ken didn't want to pay. That means I will be the driver and he will be the navigator for our journey.
That isn't what I wanted at all. I don't like driving in new places. But I will be brave and make sure that Ken is "honest in all his dealings". We will have a different kind of adventure this week. It will be fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment