Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Distractions

Yesterday I was driving to the Temple (Ken was coming straight from work in his own car) and as I approached, the beautiful white spires came into view through the trees. The sight was so inspiring that I was thinking quietly to myself (well maybe a little out loud, too) about how wonderful it was to have a piece of heaven here on earth, planted in the midst of a big, busy city like ours. I was so glad to be going there, knowing of the peace and love that I would feel inside those marble walls. Then suddenly, it occured to me that I was driving PAST the Temple... I forgot to take the exit! Drat! Oh well. A little more travel, another exit, a few more turns, and I still made it in time. It's amusing how even a "good" distraction can bring trouble. :)



1 comment:

Kathy Haynie said...

Ok - I'm going to go cook my little-bitty (20 lb) turkey now! Happy Thanksgiving!