Two days ago one of the little nose pads on my "journal glasses" fell off. How annoying! I wore them anyway while writing in my journal, even though it kind of hurt the bridge of my nose. Yep, I needed a replacement pair, no doubt about it. But wait! Maybe I should see what happened to this pair! I took the glasses into Ken's office where he has a lighted magnifying lamp that he uses to look at coins, and I could discern that the teeny tiny screw that holds the pad onto the frame was missing. Yep, I needed to replace this pair of glasses, for sure. That screw is so Teeny Tiny that it could have fallen into the crevasses of the carpet fibers and be lost forever. But wait! Why not go look?
Amazingly, I spotted it right away! Even more amazing, I managed to handle that teeny tiny screw with my big clumsy fingers (only dropping it once) and get it back into the frame where it belongs and screw it down tight with a sewing machine screw driver. Fixed!! Egads, what a boring post, right? You'd be amazed how cheerful I felt when I accomplished that task. It was just a teeny tiny miracle, but it gave me something to smile about and my day is getting off to a very nice start. Sometimes that's all it takes. :)
1 comment:
Yeah, Mark lost his hearing aid--teeny tiny--this morning at our hotel room. He realized it was missing after we had checked out - we were at breakfast at Denny's with kids + grandkids. Uh oh - it costs more than a dollar... Hooray! He went back to the motel room and found it in the carpet behind the nightstand. It didn't need any fixing, though. Good for you to be so clever.
Post a Comment