Sunday, January 17, 2010

Carseat Tent

Michelle is having the next sweet little baby girl in our family and she wanted a cute carseat tent. As a guideline she shared the following links with me of other creative moms that had made one:

http://thethriftychick.blogspot.com/2009/07/simple-car-seat-tent-tutorial.html

http://www.stitchesandscissors.com/2009/08/carseat-tent.html

Yesterday I got my version done (they are super easy to make!) and I wondered why I had never seen one of these before. They are such a great idea to help keep the baby covering in place. Here's the finished product (and it will be in the mail this week, Michelle!)

Fabric loops are sewn onto the covering and they open with velcro to attach to the handle. The flowers are safety-pinned onto the top strap merely for "cuteness factor". They can be removed when the cover needs to be laundered.



This is the covering lifted up over the handle and showing the lining side. (Thanks to Polly for letting me borrow her carseat for a quick photo shoot!)


7 comments:

Wandering Soul said...

Cute =] I made one of those for my next one coming up. I should post some pictures of the nursery set I made and get your opinion since you love to sew. I'm always looking for pointers!

JuliaKoponick said...

It looks great Dorothy!! You are always so creative!

Katie Lewis said...

I though that carseat looked familiar. No, really, I did. That turned out really cute, Dorothy. Especially those flowers.

Kathy Haynie said...

Clever you, lucky Michelle!

Beth said...

Wow I have never seen one of those either. It would have been great for my last two kids. What a cute one you have made for Michelle. I love the flowers. That is going to be so nice not to worry about the blanket slipping! I love it!!

Kate said...

Cute idea. Around here in Montana I've also seen, car seat "bags" where it fits snuggly over the car seat with a little zippered flap.

Polly @ Pieces by Polly said...

It turned out great! I'm so slow...even though I was there when you did it, it took a minute before I realized that was our carseat. I think I need to clean it. ;)