
This is looking down my street, with Mt. Hood appearing in the distance. It's going to be another dazzling show, so Paulene and I hurry to the cemetery where we know we'll get the best view of the colorful sky.


Contrary to what some might think, we feel that these grounds are the most uplifting and joyful part of our morning walk. It's always well groomed, beautiful, and we often see the deer wandering through. It's peaceful in a sacred kind of way, and we always get to see fresh flowers!


I love the way the windows are glowing with the reflected light in this photo!

We spent a fair amount of time wandering through here taking pictures, but now the sun is peeking over the horizon and it's time to get a little more aerobic...

But, wait! Have to stop and see the bunny....and the other interesting growing things! Oh my!




I love the morning...I never get bored on these daily walks. I am so very thankful that I have the time to experience each new day just like this. It's still a beautiful world if you keep your eyes open and pay attention. :)
4 comments:
Aunt Dorothy, I fully agree with you on your view of the cemetary...I loved to walk over there when we lived close because you left all the traffic sounds behind and just felt the peacefulness all around. Me and my sisters and mom enjoyed many a walk around there. Miss that!
Maddy loved the bunny photo!! Sounds like another fabulous walk!~!
"Pay attention" is huge. That's what Brian Doyle was saying to my students yesterday, when he was talking to them about writing. For someone to say they have "nothing to write about"...they're just not paying attention!
Thanks for the photos - so fun. Reminded me a little Katie's photo shoot on her walk last week.
I meant to also say that those sky colors are gorgeous! So amazing - the deep blues and pinks.
Post a Comment