So, anyway, it is "clean out the fridge" day at our house. Before the holidays my hubby and I had decided to eliminate foods that we felt were interfering with our health. We were losing weight and feeling very well. During the holidays?? Forget it. It was too difficult and too anti-social, and we decided to be social. And it was fun. We had a wonderful time with our family and friends. (I love you all!!)
But this morning I went through the fridge and eliminated all the "stuff" that we don't need or want at this time in our lives. I've already got the sprouting jar going again. A shopping trip to Trader Joe's is being planned, too. Our kids think we are weird, and I suppose we probably are. But at least we agree about being weird together!
As a result, my the inside of my fridge is looking a little bare at the moment. Know what? I think that sweet little teething ring can sit on the shelf a few more days as a reminder of the smiling little brunette who stole my heart these past two weeks.
3 comments:
What are some of your favorite healthy things to buy at Trader Joe's? I've never shopped there, but I've enjoyed things that colleagues have brought in to work. Any especially good suggestions?
Kathy, Okay, I realized that I am a very bad daughter if you have never been to Trader Joe's. It is time I take you, and that way you can tell me what you want me to pick up for you when I go. We will consider this like the Costco runs I do for the whole family.
Dorothy, I am glad you have a blue teething ring in your fridge, although I hope that there are others for Elsie to use.
Trader Joe's is a treasure hunt. We like to stroll the aisles for healthy alternatives in frozen foods, grains, seasonings, and even snacks. Since I've been reading about it lately, I'll be looking specifically for coconut oil when we go this week. (and anything else that catches our fancy!) I also like their bags of frozen multi-colored sweet pepper strips.
Post a Comment