
When I'm out and about in my world, here's a little something I like to do: Smile at random people to see if they will smile back. Like the serious looking gal perusing the library stacks, or the sweet elderly grandma in the grocery store. How about the guy crossing the street in front of my car, or the one who is also trying to decide on the right brand of tortillas? No matter where I go, it always seems to work. It doesn't have to be a big cheesy one (like my adorable granddaughters above)... all it takes is a little grin sometimes, and people always smile back. Like a little beam of light in a formerly dark cloud.
This week at the Young Single Adult Family Home Evening, a young man gave a brief inspirational message. One of the things he said was, "At the store the other day this lady SMILED at me, and I was like, Wow, that's so cool. And I felt great!" I sat there listening to him...and I had to smile. It did feel great. :)
3 comments:
It feels good to connect with brothers and sisters, even if we don't know them yet. I love it when a student I don't know smiles at me in the hall. So many of them are too cool, or too self-absorbed, or too unsure of themselves, or too...who knows? Some of them don't smile because they're texting as they walk. But every once in a while...you're right, it's like a little ray of light.
loved your comments, and you might try a wink with that too! That totally makes them grin.
Ha, it almost looks like Charlotte is smiling too
Post a Comment