Sunday, January 10, 2010

Changes!!

Now that we're fully into January 2010, I knew it was time to let go of Autumn and my Autumn background. It has been replaced with a photo I took last week of a January sunrise in my neighborhood. What do you think? I'm keeping the same heading for now, though. It's an edited version of a picture I took a year ago at Sparks Lake. That's my very favorite lake EVER, and I like looking at it and thinking of all the great memories from our visits through the years.

Even more changes: Ken and I are in a new Ward! The boundaries have been realigned so that there are now FIVE Wards....called OC1,2,3,4 and 5. Oh my, what growth we have had in the Church around here! I think it's wonderful EVEN THOUGH all of my bestest (is that a word?) friends are in different Wards than me. I'm in 3rd Ward, and they are....scattered. But not really. They are still my friends and my neighbors and I can see them anytime I want. This only means that I won't attend the same Ward with them on Sunday. Well, guess what? I haven't attended with them in over a year anyway since Ken and I were called to serve in the Young Single Adult Ward. THAT isn't going to change anytime soon.

I'm okay with changes. Really. I heard lots of sniffles and saw lots of tissues being utilized in today's huge reorganization meeting, and I understand what that is like. But it's happened so many times through the years that I've learned how to "bloom where I'm planted" and be satisfied. When we are released from the Young Single Adult program it will be a fun thing to jump back into the NEW home Ward and get to know everyone there. Know what? I think they'll be glad to see us, too. :)

2 comments:

Kathy Haynie said...

Love the new background! Can I come over for a tutorial sometime? My daughter-in-law Hillary posted a link to a good tutorial about blog backgrounds, but I got lost on Step Two.

Changes! I'm excited about my new ward. Like the old camp song - Make new friends, but keep the old; one is silver and the other gold.

Wandering Soul said...

I just heard about that earlier today from my sister in the "new O.C. 1st" ward. There have been many changes to the ward boundaries there because of growth and it's great! I remember the first time ever our ward split when I was 13 from O.C. 1st & 2nd to include a "new" 3rd ward and my "bestest" friend was moved to that ward. We cried all day! But it turned out great and we are still in touch today. Now I think back at how many times since my childhood it's been split and grown and it's wonderful!