Saturday, January 16, 2010

Thursday Friday Saturday

Still here, even though my posts are fewer the last few days. Did you see my last Walking in Circles post over on The Skinny? There's lots of other good stuff there, too!

Speaking of walking, (were we?) there's been much to see outside this week. Pardon the blurry shots, but some of these things were too far away so I was trying out my digital zoom. Not very sharp, but sort of interesting in a way. I actually kind of like that very blurry image of the deer running away from us in the cemetery. And I couldn't resist taking pictures of another gorgeous sunrise while we were out there. :)







I've been experimenting around with spelt flour this week. I made some pita breads that baked up wonderfully and tasted so much better than the store brands. Sorry, but I forgot to take a picture of those. Today I made some chocolate chip cookies using spelt as the complete replacement for regular flour, and the sweetening was 1/4 cup sugar and 2/3 cup maple syrup. Yeah, they're as good as they look. :)


2 comments:

JuliaKoponick said...

Everything looks great. Maddy and I are always looking for good bunny pictures. She loves them, in real life and on the screen. I will print that one off for her sometime when she is extra fussy and needing a bunny fix!

Kathy Haynie said...

I love your photos - jealous that I can't be with you at 7:00 every morning! - and I am intrigued by the possibilities of spelt flour. I hope you'll write more about that in the future, with some recipes, either here or on The Skinny.