Friday, January 8, 2010

Morning Has Broken

Do you remember the old song, "Morning Has Broken" sung by Cat Stevens? (It's an "oldie") I thought of it this morning as Paulene and I were walking through the neighborhood and witnessing the beginnings of the brand new day. It was another very beautiful sunrise that had us gasping every time we looked east. Since my little point-and-shoot was in my pocket I took a few pictures to share. Have a great day!






Morning has broken, like the first morning
Blackbird has spoken, like the first bird
Praise for the singing, praise for the morning
Praise for the springing fresh from the word

Sweet the rain's new fall, sunlit from heaven
Like the first dewfall, on the first grass
Praise for the sweetness of the wet garden
Sprung in completeness where his feet pass

Mine is the sunlight, mine is the morning
Born of the one light, Eden saw play
Praise with elation, praise every morning
God's recreation of the new day

2 comments:

JuliaKoponick said...

What gorgeous pictures!! Thanks for sharing!!

See you this weekend!

Kathy Haynie said...

I was singing that song in the car this morning on the way to work. No joke. They sky wasn't this pretty yet - it was about 7:00 am, and the "break" was just barely starting to happen over towards Mt. Hood. No wonder we're kindred spirits! Thanks for the photos. My heart was with you!