Sunday, January 3, 2010

Highlights of 2009

Last January I posted "I Didn't See That Coming" about 2008. This year there weren't so many surprises, but lots of lovely highlights, so here is 2009 in Review:

January found me obsessing about gardening. I spent hours researching the flowers and vegetables I wanted to grow in my new yard, and learning about what deer like and don't like. (Supposedly)


In February we left home for two weeks and went to Virginia to visit Andrew, Michelle, Sophie and Elanor! We also rented a car and enjoyed exploring the Outer Banks of North Carolina for several days (and the weather was marvelous!)



March was a wet month. It rained A LOT. I considered moving to Arizona more than once. The sun was shining on this one day, and I did a self-timer photo that served to remind me that drier days would eventually come to town and stay.


Yea! In April the flowers were making their appearance. So beautiful! Then Elsie was born, so I went to Utah to spend a week with the new little family. (It snowed while I was there.)


Ah, Spring has arrived! We had happy times with the local grandchildren. Watching them grow up is such a delight.

In June, Sarah and Elsie came to town for a week long visit!

July is Sparks Lake Fun Times! A couple injuries this year, but the good times outweigh the bad. We'll all be back again. :)

August is a splendid month to go on outings with family.

September found us back in Utah for Elsie's Blessing Day, then we spent a week exploring parts of Idaho that we had never seen before. There's nothing like soaking in a hot pool in the mountains in the early morning!

Also in September we had a great visit from Andrew, Michelle, Sophie and Elanor. Lots of fun family events!

You can certainly tell these cousins are related. :)

In October we made friends with a local young deer in LaPine.

November had some amazing sunrises. I'm glad I get up early every day. (Well, usually I am.)

December. Wait, that was just last week...and now it's listed in "last year's" events. Sigh. We certainly enjoyed Christmas this year with most of the family in town. Elsie enjoyed exploring Grandma's kitchen. (And I let her get away with it.)

That's it! Well, not really. Every day was a highlight (even the rainy ones) because there's always something new or different to think about. It was fun for me to go back and read through a year's worth of blog posts. It's been a good year. Come What May and Love It. So I do. (And I'm looking forward to 2010!)

2 comments:

Kathy Haynie said...

Good friend, what a good post. I don't remember the one about the surprises in 2008, so I was glad you had the link for that one. Had we discovered each other's blogs back then. Maybe I'm just getting older and forgetful! Ha ha! Bring on 2010.

Nanadoodledoo said...

Love your blog!!! It is such good reading. Thank you, my friend.