I've always been scared to try "real" sushi. I just couldn't get past the idea of eating raw fish. While we were at Trader Joe's last week I saw some "Sushi" that looked like something I might want to try, so we bought it. It's made with rice and other yummy things, and it tasted great. Ken (who has eaten the real thing before) said it was almost like the authentic kind. I thought it was very good. A tasty little delicacy. Mmmmmm.
Now here is something that is really yummy. I'm pretty sure a plate of greens doesn't look very appetizing to many people, and I used to be in that group, but when I tried preparing it this way, I jumped out of the crowd and was happy to do so.
Preparation is simple. Chop up an onion and cook it slowly in a tiny bit of oil to carmelize it. Then toss in a BIG bunch of kale which has been washed and chopped somewhat, removing the hard center spine. Cook it a few minutes until it is a little wilty then add a tiny shake of salt and drizzle just a bit of agave (or honey) over it all and stir and cook until it is the consistency you like. When I took my first bite of this my mouth went, "WOW!, now that is good stuff!"
Try it sometime and see what you think.
1 comment:
Yummy ideas! Maybe we'll have some of these greens at Sparks Lake???
Post a Comment