I will admit to being blessed (spoiled?) by not having to work full time. I was able to stay home to raise all my children, and when I did take a part-time secretarial job it was only 10 hours a week, and I chose my own time-table to get the work done while the kids were in school.
The kids are all independent adults now, and I still work at the same job, although the work has expanded somewhat so there are more hours available for me if I need them. Usually I don't, and I get by with going to the office just a couple times a week in the morning.
I work for the LDS Seminary and this is graduation time, and there is so much to do that for the past couple weeks I have been working every day till 1 or 2. I know, laugh all you want, but I'm not used to it! My afternoons have been extra busy, too, with various commitments, and then of course all the household chores are still there to be done.
Thank goodness this busy time is nearly over. I'm ready to go back to a slower-paced lifestyle. My hat's off to all of you who must work full-time. I don't know how you do it.
2 comments:
Hahaha - I don't know how women do it who work full time year round! I can hardly wait for SUMMER!!!
The part I really can't imagine is getting kids to day care in time to get to work. Eric and I have been taking turns subbing so that one of us is always home with the kids. I can't imagine getting them ready and to a sitter's in time to make it to an assignment.
Post a Comment