Simplicity 3513 Dress #1 is finished!
Things I learned that I will remember for the next dress with this pattern:
1. Somehow I hadn't noticed it in the illustrations, but the neck band is sewn onto gathered fabric. Getting those gathers just right took a few tries. However, when I got my tension adjusted appropriately, it was easy.
2. I got over-confident and sewed that neck band on....wrong! Next time I'll pay more attention and remember that the longer outside edges of the band attaches to the dress and not the other way around.
3. Don't serge a seam until you're sure it is right. Those seams take too long to pick out!
I think it's a very cute dress. The next one will go together much quicker, since I don't plan to make any mistakes. :)
4 comments:
Darling dress...the girls will love them!
Very cute Dorothy. Is that fabric woven or knit?
It's cotton. :)
Love the neckline! You did good!
Post a Comment