Ken had to "work" the parade. Meaning he needed to be there at 6 AM and be an official Tri-Met guardian of sorts. Beats me. Anyway, he took three folding chairs with him and set them up ahead of time. I hopped a bus later in the morning and met him downtown, and was soon joined by Sam and Grace. So we had great seats, the sun came out, we got HOT (Wow!) and enjoyed the parade as it flowed past us.
Except it didn't seem to flow very well. There were WAY to many breaks in between floats and bands, etc, and got a little boring sometimes. No matter....I had Mr. Tri-Met and his partner to look at when things got dull. :)
Here he is looking at this Rosarian guy like he might be thinking: "I have a white suit...wonder if they'll let me march with them??"
This is part of his official job for the day. STOP THE PARADE when the Max train comes through!
The train has passed, so he lets the parade through again. Downtown Portland was a little safer because he was there. I enjoyed watching him (don't you think he's cute in that hat?) and the actual parade was not bad, either. The bands were great. We even saw Aunt Toni go by in her clown costume!
I sure hope we get more summer one of these days! :)
2 comments:
Sigh...I hope we get more summer, too. Hooray for the TriMet guys. So nice to know that the world is safer because Ken is around - I agree!
Whahhh!!!! I'm getting home sick!
Love the pictures though! How fun =]
Post a Comment