Yes, I know that's not a picture of soup, but black bean soup just looks sort of blah, you know? When it actually tastes great! Here's a recipe I adapted from "Quick and Easy Vegan Comfort Food" by Alicia Simpson. If you can call it a recipe...I mean it's so EASY! You need three ingredients:
2 15 oz cans of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 1/2 cups of vegetable stock or broth
1 cup of your favorite chunky salsa (more or less to taste)
Put it all together in a saucepan and using an emersion blender, puree it just a little bit. Just so you have part of it creamy and part of it chunky. You could also puree a portion of it in a blender then return it to the pot. Whatever method works best, and gives the consistency you desire. Add more broth if you need to. Then heat and eat. It's great with homemade wheat rolls. :)
1 comment:
Yum - I love black bean soup, and this recipe is the simplest one I've seen yet. Thank you.
That is a gorgeous dandelion photo.
Post a Comment