Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Farewell to the Hills

Isn't this a beautiful sight? I took this photo looking out of the window in Sarah and Alan's apartment! They have a very beautiful view every morning when they open the drapes to begin their new day. Last night I said "farewell" to the mountain view and flew back home, and when I looked out the window into the woods behind my home this morning, I remembered how much I also love my own personal landscape. It's good to be home with my sweetheart again!

The hard part about coming home is saying goodbye to these sweet little faces who filled all of my days this past week. Oh how I love them! Leaving is made easier, however, since I know that they are so very well cared for in their home. These girls and their parents are a wonderful, loving family and I am happy for them!



I will cherish these memories forever!

1 comment:

Kathy Haynie said...

Welcome home! Sometimes I think about how much more difficult it must have been for pioneer-era grandmas to say good bye. All of the photos are so beautiful...