Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Thirty-Five

My oldest turned 35 last week, and the families were invited up to help her celebrate. Ben made the Croquembouche (Cream puff cake with caramel) and took this photo of Becky and I as everyone prepared to sing "Happy Birthday". It was a pleasant evening, and I spent a little time pondering how time marches on and remembering my own 35th year.

Today Becky sent me the following photo of herself with the words:  "Here's what 35 looks like!" She looks absolutely amazing and but I'm most pleased with the happiness she is finding in her life currently. And then I started thinking again about what was happening in MY life at age 35, and decided to pull out the photo albums to see how things looked in 1989.
Ah, here we are, Mother and Daughter a couple months before I turned 35. Gotta love those BIG glasses and my permed hair! At this time in my life I had five children, a dog, a parakeet, and a home to take care of...thank goodness my Sweetheart was around to help with it all!
Mostly I remember being busy and....TIRED a lot...I wonder why? 
Today, the kids are grown and living happy, successful lives of their own. Husband and I are Empty Nesters. What a grand time of life! (Did I mention 10 Grandkids?) What I find interesting is that all these years later, I  feel physically better than I did back in 1989. Hang in there, kiddos, and don't worry about getting older....

the best is yet to come.

1 comment:

Kathy Haynie said...

Happy Birthday Becky! Oh, Dorothy, I remember 35 and 1989...we had some good times then, too...