Our historical town has quite a few murals painted on the sides of buildings. I walk past one of them several mornings a week, and today as soon as I saw this one my hand was fishing in pockets for my phone/camera. The first photo I took was of the entire mural, then another one of this detail. Looking at them both together, it was the detail photo that amused me the most. This depicts the first bridge across the river, which was later replaced by another (now) historical bridge. Currently the "new" bridge is closed for up to two years for repair.
"Easy Crossing"
3 comments:
Seeing the horses on the bridge makes me smile. What does the "25" sign at the top say? Speed limit? Weight limit?
The sign says there is a 25 cent fine for driving or riding faster than the walkers. Paulene and I had a good chuckle over that one. :)
Oh, I just spoke with Paulene and she clarified that the rest of the sentence is ..."walkers on this bridge."
Post a Comment