My heart is with Sarah and her family today. She's scheduled for emergency gallbladder surgery, which would not be fun under normal circumstances, but with a nursing 7 week old baby it will be even more complicated. I saw a lovely rainbow an hour ago on my morning walk, and I'm choosing to look at it as an optomistic sign that everything will go well today.
Interestingly, when I was the same age, with three children, and the baby was only a month old, I had to have a kidney removed surgically. Those were difficult days, but my memories of that time are very fuzzy. I don't remember how long I was in the hospital, or who took care of the children. Ken said the Relief Society stepped in and helped, so I'm grateful for that. Recovery after that surgery (which in those days left HUGE scars) took nearly a month. Somehow we got through it. My prayers are with you Sarah...it's going to be okay. :)

2 comments:
Oh, I am sorry. Kendra had her gall bladder removed while she was pregnant. What a blessing to have good medical care! Sarah will be in my prayers.
(And I like the rainbow omen.)
I will be praying for Sarah too. Sierra had an emergency appendectomy while she was nursing Alena. Not only did she make it through the surgery just fine, but she gave a talk in Church the following Sunday. I'm sure Sarah will be just as blessed to have everything go perfectly.
Post a Comment