Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Photo Project: Day 30!!

For those who have been following along, I am happy to report that my health is much improved today. Still some coughing and sniffling, but the fever and most of the achiness is gone. Getting sick is no fun...I'm glad I don't do it very often. :)

We spent most of the day driving home from Boise. A lovely drive, really. Snow on the sides of the roads and the mountains, and not much precipitation. Ken did all the driving and I was able to sleep often throughout the journey, which helped with my illness recovery.

So what's the first thing to do upon arriving back in the hometown? Stop at the library, of course! During our absence I had several holds arrive, so before going home we made a quick stop there to pick them up. Ken is going to the Temple tonight, but exposing anyone else is not something I want to do, so a load of new books and a peaceful evening at home will suit me just fine.

Here's my final picture for the 30 day "polaroid" camera app challenge. Our local library...and it's crooked! Ha Ha. I had a load of books in one hand and visibility was poor due to bright light on the phone, so I wasn't able to frame it properly. The last couple days I have felt very "crooked" myself, which I think makes this image somewhat appropriate. :)

What did you think of my 30 day project?

6 comments:

Kathy Haynie said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are feeling better. We have had a wonderful time in Kansas, and will fly home tomorrow.

The 30 days of photos have been interesting. It's intriguing to see what will make the final cut for the "photo of the day." But I'm looking forward to a little more writing in your posts. You are such a good writer, and I have missed your voice a little.

Tricia said...

Did the library move back down to the old building?

Dorothy said...

Sadly, yes. It was a forced move since the whole Danielsens complex has been torn down to make way for a new SAFEWAY. The old building is a temporary solution...a very inadequate one, too, until a new building can be built or purchased. Could be a couple years.

Sarah said...

I still think it's funny that you were the one who always said "why do I need a camera on my phone? It's a phone!" :)

Dorothy said...

That was then, this is now. Even I can change with the times. Sort of. :)

Andrew said...

We appreciated the different photos every day and the chance to tag along around the old town and on your trip to Utah. Hooray for spring!