Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Photo Project: Day 17

Not every photo has a nice story with it. We pass this house on our morning walks and were shocked when we saw that it had recently been destroyed by a fire. A local neighbor spoke with us as we passed by and he told us how he ran over to the house when someone noticed smoke. An elderly woman lived there alone and he was able to gain entry and get her out, yet she sustained many burn injuries from the fire. The reports from the incident said she did not have heat or water and that the house was filled with debris...so packed in that the fire department had extreme difficulty fighting the blaze. Will this woman be better off with the home destroyed? Will she receive more care and attention now that her needs are known? I hope so.

1 comment:

Kathy Haynie said...

Sad, sad. I wondered some of those same things after I read about the fire on the news.