Monday, May 31, 2010

Simplicity 3513

I'm about ready to sew again, and I want to try out this new pattern for little girls. Sophie and Elanor, you get to be the first ones I sew it for! Look at the dresses with the red arrows pointing to them. One picture shows them in color and another is a drawing of what shape the dress is. There are no buttons or zippers so you can just pull it over your head and shoulders and be ready to go!


Each dress takes one yard of fabric. Here is a picture of the fabrics you can choose from. Each color is just enough to make one dress. Sophie and Elanor, will you each choose the color you would like your dress to be? Remember, your choices have to be different from each other because there's not enough to make two of the same color. :)


Do you want #1, #2, #3, #4, or #5? Tell your Mom (or Dad) and they can leave a comment telling me what you choose. Okay? I'm looking forward to sewing these for you! Love, Grandma

3 comments:

Betty aka Fudgie said...

Dear grandma...Very cute dress pattern. I lead a summer sewing camp every year at my store. I have some girls that this will be their 4th year. I have planned to introduce reading a pattern and of course using it for one of their projects. I think you have found the one! That pattern is "ageless."
p.s. Fudgie is my "grandma" name.

Kathy Haynie said...

What fun to get to choose, even though they live so far away! You are modeling some good long-distance grandma strategies for me.

michelle said...

Sophie wants fabric #1
Elanor wants fabric #5