Saturday, January 8, 2011

Clouds over Broken Top

How was your Saturday? We had a relaxing day, and this morning we went out to meet a sweet new puppy at Kevin's house. "Roo" is a 4 month old Australian Shepherd, mostly black and fuzzy, with a little white blaze on her tummy and a bit of tan on her paws. She's tender and affectionate and totally comfortable around Aiden, Anika and Annalyse. I really would have taken a photo to share with everyone, but I completely forgot to bring the camera. Oh, well, as Sophie says, "You can do it the next time!" (We Skyped with her and Andrew today.)

This afternoon was a good time to play around with colors again, so this time I found a photo reference of Broken Top over Sparks Lake that was taken from our canoe in June of 2009. 5x7, Oil Pastels on paper.


1 comment:

Kathy Haynie said...

I was just looking at photos of Sparks Lake (and missing it!) today. This is perfect.