Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Out of the Woods

It's been such a long time since I've seen the likes of this woodland critter that I wondered if they had died or were moved somewhere else? Seriously, I haven't seen signs of deer around here since early July, so when this handsome guy came strolling up from the meadow to munch on a little ivy, I was very surprised. I took several photos through the dining room window because I was the only one home at the time.

I almost felt like saying, "welcome back!", but you know, I was beginning to think (hope?) that after winter was over we might have a spring and summer without deer damage in the garden. It's one of those bitter/sweet things. They are interesting to see so close, but at the same time....well, you know.

 I need to remember:  "Come what may, and Love it!"

1 comment:

Kathy Haynie said...

Looks like he's showing off his handsome rack!