Friday, January 21, 2011

This Way

Such a cool rainy day...didn't even go out for a walk today. Paulene and I looked at the rain (during our magic hour!!) and completely wimped out. It's much nicer to stay dry on a COLD wet day.

Since I didn't need to go to work today, I decided to challenge myself. Seems like I spend too much time looking at my reference photos and trying to decide what I'd like to try and paint, which is why today's challenge to myself was: "The first image that pops up in the folder is the one you will do." Ha, ha, the first image that popped up, I said, "This one?? Um, it looks hard..."

Oh well, a challenge is a challenge even if I set the terms myself. I decided to play with the oil pastels again for this picture. Phew! It's done and not tooooo bad. I'm definitely learning more about ways to use my limited palette with each session.

This Way 8 x 10 oil pastel on paper

While thinking of a title, the words "This Way" just kept popping back into my head. It has meaning only to me...and maybe others who have been "this way" with me. :)

2 comments:

Kathy Haynie said...

I can almost see the little fishies down below. I really like the way you do the shading in the water.

Kathy Haynie said...

(Mark says, "The way I remember it, there were more fish."