That's the name of the new hat I made from this pattern! The first part of the hat absolutely challenged my brain, but pretty soon I memorized the pattern repeat and it was easy. Watching the stripey waves grow was actually fun, and I think I'll be doing more like this. However, the hat turned out a little smaller than anticipated, so next time I'll be sure to do some extra increases.
Remember the sweet hats I made a few weeks ago? The Rib Wrap hat, Divine Hat and Big Girl Bonnet? Well, here's a fun photo of my granddaughters sporting the very same hats. (Thanks, Becky!) I told the girls that when they put them on, they could try to remember how much Grandma loves them, even though they are far away.


2 comments:
Oh, my brain is hurting this afternoon, the first day of the new term. I could use a "brain wave" hat! That's a cute pattern. And a darling photo of the other three hats on those sweet heads. One of my new students was crocheting today in class, and I thought of you.
The girls look adorable in their hats. As I was looking though some blogs this evening, I came across a really cute poinsettia hat that had the crochet pattern included. I thought you might be interested. http://thedaintydaisyblog.blogspot.com/2011/11/poinsettia-pattern.html
Post a Comment